Total Pageviews

Wednesday, October 25, 2017

Tomake Bujhi Na Priyo from Projapoti Biskut (2017) - Lyrics

A beautiful song from a movie called Projapoti Biskut...
The link of the song is as follows:

Female version by Chandrani Banerjee --> Link

Male version by Prasen Mukherjee --> Link

This is not my translation. The translations have been done by Ritam Sen, the original lyricist.

His Youtube link --> https://www.youtube.com/user/ritam91

--------------------------------------------- তোমাকে বুঝিনা প্রিয় , বোঝো না তুমি আমায়

দূরত্ব বাড়ে, যোগাযোগ নিভে যায়।

Tomake Bujhina Priyo, Bojho na tumi aamay

Durotwo bare, Jogajog nibhe jaye

I do not comprehend you my love
You do not comprehend me.
Distance grows, correspondences cease.


গরাদ শোঁকে, সূর্যমুখী
খয়েরি কুঁড়ির ফুল, সূর্য খুঁজে বেড়ায়


Gorad shoke, Surjomukhi

Khoyeri Knuri-r ful, surjo khuje beraye

As a sunflower inhales the bars behind which,
Her brown bud blooms in the longing for the Sun.
তোমাকে জানিনা প্রিয়, জানোনা তুমি আমায়
শীতের বেড়াল খেলে ঘাসের ছায়ায়

Tomake janina priyo, jano na tumi aamay
Sheet-er beral khele ghasher chhaya-e

I do not know you my love,
You do not know me.
And winter like a cat emerges in the shadows of the green.
দুচোখে তার পান্নাবাহার
কান্না জমায়, কথায় কথায়।
Du-chokhe tar panna bahar
Kanna jomay, kothay kothay

Her eyes glow like emeralds
Made from frozen teardrops, brought by these cold words.
তোমাকে ডাকিনা প্রিয়, ডাকোনা তুমি আমায়
জলপ্রপাত মাতে রুপোর মায়ায়

Tomake dakina priyo, dako na tumi aamay
Jolpropat mate rupor maya-e

I do not call for you my love, you do not call for me
While the waterfall dazzles in its own silvery glee
তুলনাহীনা, জলের কিনার
তোমার চুলের মত আনমনে আঙুল ডোবায়।

Tulona-hina, joler kinar
Tomar chuler moto aanmone aangul dobaye

My metaphors fail to touch you, though this water
Flowing through my fingertips, reminds me the touch of your hair.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing I've been searching this song for a long time this song is one of my favorite song Tomake Bujhina Priyo thanks again for uploading .I really appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful. The lyrics and its poetic translation

    ReplyDelete