Total Pageviews

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

One-rupee Phone call

That day, I called you. I heard your voice after so many days. But, I did not call you from my phone. You know, I could not gather enough courage to call you from my phone. I called you from a coin-booth. I slipped a one-rupee coin, and dialed your number. And I waited for the time when it rang on the other side. Ohh my God... There was a ring tone. "Haule haule ho jayega pyar"... and the speed of my heart beat rising... faster faster...
Suddenly, you picked the phone, and spoke into it...

Hello... hello... hello...
It was the same soft voice.. same way that you used to answer phone very softly...sweetly... I could not speak, and I had nothing to say... Your voice, it was as sweet as it used to be, the moon light was as romantic as it used to be.... just our relationship was not like the one it used to be some years earlier!!!

For a few days, before I made the phone call, I hoped that I would call her and while I would keep silent, she would identify my breathings, and she would identify me. Actually, it is the Bollywood effect. No such things happen in reality. While I did not even make a single sound, and she is subject to lots of such prank calls from her admirers, how the hell would she identify me!!

I was so happy for the next whole month, the next month, and the next...


I still remember the evening as of yesterday, though it is more than 2 years back. It was a November 2008 evening...

2 comments:

  1. I have someone I would love to call, but I think it's best that I don't!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's some sort of same feeling I have now... Sometimes, I feel that I should take a chance and call her, but, finally I decide not to call always!!!

    ReplyDelete